Do you want to start a business but not sure if your idea is feasible? Or do you need help gathering your thoughts into a viable business idea and business model?
During this hands-on workshop you will learn the essential steps of developing and evaluating your business idea, including:
- What are your options for going into business
- How to turn your business idea into a reality
- How to conduct preliminary research
- Use a one-page tool in the workshop to evaluate 8 aspects of your company, including customer, cost, pricing and marketing
- Common traits and characteristics of entrepreneurs.
- Advantages and disadvantages of starting a business on your own, buying a franchise or buying an existing business.
- How to come up with an idea for a product and/or service
- Develop your business idea in 8 steps.
- The value and purpose of a formal business plan.
- You will be able to compare your personality traits, strengths and weaknesses with those of successful entrepreneurs.
- You will learn the advantages and disadvantages of starting a business on your own versus buying a franchise versus buying an existing business and why it is important to consider all three options.
- You will learn how to develop your business idea into a business model and determine if it is feasible.
- You will hear why it is important to prepare a formal business plan if you decide to proceed and an overview of what that plan should include.
Registration Fee: Free
The password protected link to join this class will be included in the registration confirmation email.
If you have trouble registering, send an email to email@example.com
About The Course Instructors:
This course is taught by multiple instructors on different occasions. All instructors are experienced professionals, most with 30 years or more of business experience in their own business or senior levels of management. Many are retired executives who have spent their careers in business and know the many facets of a business from sales to operations to cash flow. They are selected to teach because they bring a meaningful background in the course material and can talk about their experiences to better illustrate the topic.
There’s no fee for most of these workshops, however, your tax deductible donation would be most welcome. As a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit with all services delivered on a volunteer basis, we rely on the support of our donors to continue delivering great value to the community. Thank you. Donate Now